10 Things You Can Do to Get Involved on #GivingTuesday
Tomorrow is the day we’ve all been waiting for – Giving Tuesday 2017!
For those of you who haven’t heard us talk about #GivingTuesday, let’s get you caught up:
#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving following the two major “shopping holidays” of Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
#GivingTuesday is a prime opportunity to encourage your employees and customers to refocus on what the holiday season really means; spending time with the people who matter to us, expressing gratitude for all our blessings, and (of course) giving back.
There are many ways to join in the #GivingTuesday fun including volunteering your time, participating in community events or giving to your favorite causes. In fact, #GivingTuesday raised over $177 million dollars from over 98 countries last year alone.
Here are 10 things you can do to participate in #GivingTuesday
- Volunteer at your favorite charity. Search for local happenings here.
- Clean out that closet (we know you’ve been meaning to) and bring those clothes down to the local Salvation Army
- Donate money to your causes. Sign-up for a DoTopia account today and you can give to multiple organizations.
- Write a note to your local representative. Share your voice!
- Spread the joy of giving with a random act of kindness.
- Encourage your company to raise money for a specific cause or run a #GivingTuesday campaign.
- Share a heartfelt post on social media about your favorite organization and why they matter to you. Encourage others to do the same.
- Use your skills to help nonprofits with their campaigns. You can search for pro bono opportunities on Taproot+ or reach out to you local nonprofits to see how you can use your talents to good.
- Talk to your management about how your organization can make giving back part of its official policy.
- Join in DoTopia’s #GiveDoDollars contest on Twitter for an opportunity to win $100 to give to a charity of your choice. All you need to do is tweet us what organization you would give $100 charity dollars to and why. Make sure to #GiveDoDollars to be eligible!
The crew at DoTopia is excited to be volunteering their time at Second Harvest Heartland tomorrow.
P.S. It’s not too late… #GivingTuesday is the official kick-off to Giving Season. Let us help your organization establish your own Workplace Giving or Cause Marketing campaign today by requesting a demo on our main page.